The IT hardware and software contract vehicle was built with the Air Force in mind but will be available to all federal buyers.
After protests prompted the General Services Administration last year to pull back the first slate of awards on the Second Generation Information Technology, or 2GIT, blanket purchase agreement, the agency announced it reawarded the contract this week to 79 large and small vendors.
The contract—custom built for the Air Force to replace the service’s NETCENTS-2 contract—provides access to pre-vetted hardware and software IT vendors. The 79 awards are split between 21 large firms and 58 small businesses, including 8(a), HUBZone, woman-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses.
2GIT was originally awarded in November 2019 to 75 vendors. A subsequent wave of protests led GSA to reevaluate its process and then pull the first round of awards in mid-2020.
The awards announced Tuesday include nine vendors that didn’t make the cut the first time around: ACG Systems, Blue Tech Inc, Four LLC, KPAUL Properties LLC, Lowry Solutions, Red River Technology LLC, Telos Corporation, Telos Identity Management Solutions and Walker and Associates Inc.
Five awardees from the original set were taken off the contract, including: BearCom Operating LLC, CDW Government LLC, Divine Imaging Inc, NeoTech Solutions Inc and Vee Model Management Consulting Inc.
The contract has a one-year base period with four one-year add-on options, during which officials expect agencies to purchase up to $5.5 billion in IT products. While the contract was specifically built for Air Force customers, it is available to all federal buyers.
“2GIT will deliver great value across the federal government,” GSA Assistant Commissioner of Information Technology Category Laura Stanton said in a release Tuesday. “It serves as an example of GSA developing IT solutions that cater to agencies’ current and future requirements with supply chain risk management as a key feature.”
GSA expects vendors to keep the offerings current by adding more products over time through the agency’s FASt Lane contract modification process.
“GSA looks forward to making the 2GIT solution available to agencies as soon as possible and will issue a follow up announcement when 2GT becomes available for ordering,” according to the release.
The full list of awardees:
- Ace Computers (J.C. Technology)
- Ace Technology Partners
- ACG Systems
- Advanced Computer Concepts, Inc. (ACC)
- AEG Group, Inc
- Akira Technologies, Inc.
- American Wordata, Inc.
- Arrow Micro
- Audio Visual Innovations, Inc
- Avaya Federal Solutions, Inc.
- BahFed Corp
- Better Direct, LLC
- BK Technologies, Inc. (Relm Communications, Inc.)
- Blue Tech Inc
- Carahsoft Technology Corporation
- Communication International, Inc.
- Computech International, Inc.
- Connection Inc. (GovConnection)
- CounterTrade Products, Inc
- Definitive Infotech Services and Solutions, LLC
- DH Technologies, LLC
- DLT Solutions, LLC
- Eastern Communications, Ltd.
- EC America, Inc.
- EN-Net Services, LLC
- Enterprise Technology Solutions, Inc.
- Ewing Electronics, Inc. doing business as Ewing Engineered Solutions
- FCN, Inc.
- Federal Merchants
- Force 3, LLC
- Four LLC
- Four Points Technology, LLC
- Frontier Technologies
- Government Acquisitions, Inc
- Govplace, Inc
- GovSmart, Inc.
- Graybar Electric Company, Inc
- ID Technologies, LLC
- Immersion Consulting
- immixTechnology, Inc
- IMPRES Technology Solutions
- Integration Technologies Group, Inc (ITG)
- Iron Bow Technologies, LLC
- Jeskell Systems LLC
- Karcher Group
- Knot Technology Solutions
- Koi Computers
- KPAUL Properties, LLC
- Lowry Solutions
- Lyme Computer Systems, Inc
- M2 Technology, Inc
- MA Federal, Inc., doing business as iGov.com
- MicroTechnologies (MicroTech)
- Mono Machines LLC doing business as Supply Chimp
- Mvation Worldwide, Inc
- NCS Technologies Inc
- New Tech Solutions
- Norseman, Inc., doing business as Norseman Defense Technologies
- Paragon Micro, Inc.
- PCMG Inc
- Presidio Networked Solutions LLC
- Procom Communications LLC
- ProMark Technology, Inc. an Ingram Micro Company
- Red River Technology, LLC
- Sterling Computers Corporation
- Summit Government Group, LLC
- Synnex Corporation
- Tech Data Government Solutions, LLC
- Telos Corporation
- Telos Identity Management Solutions
- Three Wire Systems, LLC
- Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc
- V3Gate, LLC
- Vertosoft LLC
- Walker and Associates, Inc.
- WESCO (Communications Supply Corporation)
- Westcon Comstor Americas, (Division of SYNNEX Corp.)
- World Wide Technology, LLC