Some practical tips for PTSD Awareness Month, based on experience.
The imp in me would like to raise awareness by doing my best semi-deranged Vietnam veteran bit, but I don’t have much of that left anymore, so here are some practical tips based on experience, before the month ends:
- The Jack Daniels Cure does not work;
- Talk to someone;
- The Budweiser Cure does not work;
- Talk to another vet;
- The Marijuana Cure does not work;
- Talk to a mental health professional;
- The Xanax Cure does not work;
- Adopt a puppy (preferably a shelter dog);
- Remember, we are only as sick as our secrets.
NEXT STORY By Helping Others, Vets Can Save Themselves