I made numerous calls to federal agencies and departments in Washington today for a post-Sandy update and ended up talking to voice mail, even though D.C. escaped relatively unscathed from the storm.
But in flood and wind battered Massachusetts, folks, such as Larry Rosenberg, the Army Corps of Engineers’ New England district spokesman, answered the phone on the first ring. He said 98 percent of the Corps employees in New England reported to work today. The other 2 percent were home dealing with serious storm damage problems.
Bob Brewin joined Government Executive in April 2007, bringing with him more than 20 years of experience as a journalist focusing on defense issues and technology. Bob covers the world of defense and information technology for Nextgov, and is the author of the “What’s Brewin” blog.